Saplings – Outdoor Toddler Group
Join us for a morning of fun and adventure in our wonderful woodland playground. Each week we take a short walk to one of our lovely camps, where we get stuck into natural crafts, games, swinging in hammocks and on rope swings, camp fire cooking, singing, free-range play…or maybe just relaxing by the fire! Oh, and did we mention our incredible mud kitchen?!
All sessions are facilitated by experienced Hidden Woods leaders and will go ahead in all weathers – if necessary we have large group shelters with fire pits and plenty of great activities that we can do underneath them.
This group aims to provide time and space in the week for parents and children to step back from their busy lives, to reflect and interact with the world at nature’s pace – slow and steady. Whilst we always bring activity ideas along each week, the group is very much child-led, and often goes in different directions! Whether your little one is up for some quiet fireside crafts or burning off some energy climbing and digging, they’ll have a great time. The group also brings together a fun, friendly and caring group of parents, who seem to enjoy the activities and fireside social as much as the children!
Dates & Timings
We offer Saplings sessions every Tuesday and Friday morning – Tuesdays are term time only, whereas Fridays run throughout the school holidays too (except Christmas). To check availability click ‘book now’ below and a calendar will appear.
For Friday sessions during the school holidays, on inset days etc. older siblings are welcome to join in the fun too, please just add them to your booking.
There are two sessions per day, from 9am to 10.30am and from 11am to 12.30pm.
There is no minimum commitment – you can book individual sessions or for the whole term. If booking individual sessions we would recommend booking all those that you know you can make that term from the outset, as the groups are very popular and sessions are often fully booked closer to the time.
£8.50 per session
£5.00 per session*
*We do not charge for babies in slings/pushchairs, but as soon as your little one is toddling please do book their place in the normal way.
Hidden Woods is located in a beautiful 80 acre broadleaf woodland called Farleigh Wood, accessed directly off the A36 near Farleigh Hungerford (BA2 7NH).
Other useful info
- The group is aimed at 1-5 year olds, but if you feel that your child is ready before they turn one, then please do come along.
- Babies welcome in slings/carriers and ‘off road’ pushchairs.
- A participating adult from each family must remain with the group. There is a maximum supervision ratio of one adult to three children.
- Hot drinks provided, including real coffee, herbal teas and yummy hot chocolate
- We ask families to bring some food to share with the group where possible – this is all part of the culture of sharing that we encourage with the little ones
- Please see our FAQs page for additional information
- After completing your booking you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link to an info sheet for the group, as well as a map and directions. Please follow the link and check out them out ahead of your visit!
Please use the online booking system below to reserve your place! Simply select ‘Saplings’ under ‘Woodland Activity’ and then choose the first date you’d like to book for. You can then click ‘Repeat’ to book for multiple sessions.