Saplings – Sunday Specials
Join us for a morning of fun and adventure in our wonderful woodland playground. We’ll be taking a short walk to one of our lovely camps, where we’ll get stuck into natural crafts, games, camp fire cooking, singing, free-range play…or maybe just relaxing by the fire! Oh, and did we mention our incredible mud kitchen?!
All sessions are facilitated by experienced Hidden Woods leaders and will go ahead in all weathers – if necessary we have large group shelters with fire pits and plenty of great activities that we can do underneath them.
These sessions aim to provide time and space for parents and children to step back from their busy lives, to reflect and interact with the world at nature’s pace – slow and steady. Whilst we will have various activities set up, the sessions are very much child-led, and often go in different directions! Whether the children are up for some quiet fireside crafts or burning off some energy climbing and digging, they’ll have a great time. These events also bring together a fun, friendly and caring group of parents, who seem to enjoy the activities and fireside social as much as the children!
Dates & Timings
These events run one Sunday morning per month, from April to October. To check for upcoming dates click the ‘Book Now’ button and scroll through the calendar. The sessions start at 10am and finish at 12.30pm.
The first date for 2018 is Sunday 25th March. Can’t wait until then? Why not join us on one of our Friday sessions? Older siblings are welcome too during the school holidays!
*No charge for babies in slings/pushchairs, only for children that are toddling/walking.
Other useful info
* These events are for families with younger children, from toddlers to ten (and a bit older even!). Activities are pitched accordingly and there’s always plenty to keep everyone engaged.
* Babies welcome in slings/carriers and ‘off road’ pushchairs!
* A participating adult from each family must remain with at the event and will be responsible for supervising their children (maximum 3 per adult) at all times
* Hot drinks provided, including real coffee, herbal teas and yummy hot chocolate
* We ask families to bring some food to share with the group where possible – this is all part of the culture of sharing that we encourage with the little ones
* Please see our FAQs page for additional information
* After completing your booking you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link to an info sheet for the event, as well as a map and directions. Please follow the link and check them out ahead of your visit!
Please click the ‘Book Now’ button below. A calendar showing availability will then appear.