Saplings – Sunday Specials
Join us for a morning of fun and adventure in our wonderful woodland playground. We’ll be taking a short walk to one of our lovely camps, where we’ll get stuck into natural crafts, games, camp fire cooking, singing, free-range play…or maybe just relaxing by the fire! Oh, and did we mention our incredible mud kitchen?!
All sessions are facilitated by experienced Hidden Woods leaders and will go ahead in all weathers – if necessary we have large group shelters with fire pits and plenty of great activities that we can do underneath them.
These sessions aim to provide time and space for parents and children to step back from their busy lives, to reflect and interact with the world at nature’s pace – slow and steady. Whilst we will have various activities set up, the sessions are very much child-led, and often go in different directions! Whether the children are up for some quiet fireside crafts or burning off some energy climbing and digging, they’ll have a great time. These events also bring together a fun, friendly and caring group of parents, who seem to enjoy the activities and fireside social as much as the children!
Dates & Timings
These events run once per month (except July) on Sunday mornings. From April to October we start at 10am and finish at 12.30pm (except Sept). From November to March the timings are 9.30am to 12pm.
Dates for 2017 :
- 20th August
- 17th September (9.30am – 12pm)
- 15th October
- 19th November
- 10th December
*No charge for babies in slings/pushchairs, only for children that are toddling/walking.
Other useful info
* These events are primarily aimed at children aged under 5 years old, but older siblings will have a great time too
* Babies welcome in slings/carriers and ‘off road’ pushchairs!
* A participating adult from each family must remain with at the event and will be responsible for supervising their children (maximum 3 per adult) at all times
* Hot drinks provided, including real coffee, herbal teas and yummy hot chocolate
* We ask families to bring some food to share with the group where possible – this is all part of the culture of sharing that we encourage with the little ones
* Please see our FAQs page for additional information
* After completing your booking you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link to an info sheet for the event, as well as a map and directions. Please follow the link and check them out ahead of your visit!
Please use the online booking system below to reserve your place! Simply select ‘Saplings – Sunday Specials’ under ‘Woodland Activity’ and then choose the date(s) you’d like to book for.