Join us for our monthly morning of fun and adventure in our wonderful woodland playground. We’ll be taking a short walk to one of our lovely camps, where we’ll get stuck into natural crafts, games, camp fire cooking, singing, free-range play…or maybe just relaxing by the fire! Oh, and did we mention our incredible mud kitchen?!
All sessions are facilitated by experienced Hidden Woods leaders and will go ahead in all weathers – if necessary we have large group shelters with fire pits and plenty of great activities that we can do underneath them.
These sessions aim to provide time and space for parents and children to step back from their busy lives, to reflect and interact with the world at nature’s pace – slow and steady. Whilst we will have various activities set up, the sessions are very much child-led, and often go in different directions! Whether the children are up for some quiet fireside crafts or burning off some energy climbing and digging, they’ll have a great time. These events also bring together a fun, friendly and caring group of parents, who seem to enjoy the activities and fireside social as much as the children!
Date & Timings
Sundays - once a month
£15 per session*
£5 per session
*We do not charge for infant siblings in slings/pushchairs, but as soon as your little one is toddling please do book their place in the normal way.
Hidden Woods is located in a beautiful 80 acre broadleaf woodland called Farleigh Wood, accessed directly off the A36 near Farleigh Hungerford (BA2 7NH)
Other useful info
- These events are for families with younger children, from toddlers to ten (and a bit older even!). Activities are pitched accordingly and there’s always plenty to keep everyone engaged.
- Babies welcome in slings/carriers and ‘off road’ pushchairs.
- A participating adult from each family must remain with the group. There is a maximum supervision ratio of one adult to three children.
- Hot drinks provided, including real coffee, herbal teas and yummy hot chocolate
- We ask families to bring some food to share with the group where possible – this is all part of the culture of sharing that we encourage with the little ones
- Please see our FAQs page for additional information
- After completing your booking you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link to an info sheet for the group, as well as a map and directions. Please follow the link and check out them out ahead of your visit!
- There is no minimum commitment – you can book individual sessions or for the whole term. If booking individual sessions we would recommend booking all those that you know you can make that term from the outset, as the groups are very popular and sessions are often fully booked closer to the time. To book multiple sessions click ‘Repeat’.
Can't do Sundays? Why not join us for our Friday morning toddler group instead.